This Disappears When Logged In

Burm eggs

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Harmony Herps, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony Herps

Harmony Herps Member

One question on python eggs . I appreciate how helpfull everyone is . My question is this does the light affect the eggs . I know if you expose bearded dragon eggs you could kill the embryo and was wondering if the same is true for python eggs . Thank you .:eek:

2. venus

venus Founding Member

What kind of light...Light does not kill beardie eggs.

3. Harmony Herps

Harmony Herps Member

Bright light like that of a room , cage light . and yes exposeing dragon eggs to bright light can seperate the embryos and kill them theres lots of yeses and nos on this but I went with the safe one and no bright lights for my dragon eggs . Anyway for the burm eggs any kind of light . Sorry this is just what my research has found when it comes to dragon eggs .

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Oook, lol...but as far as I know, lights wont kill them. Where did you find this information. I would be interested in reading it since I breed bearded dragons and none of mine have been affected from any type of lights.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I am curious too as to where you found this info. I googled it and have come up with nothing about light being harmful to eggs. Marsha is a very experienced keeper, and has had many clutches of beardies :D so her information should be taken seriously...as she has proven she knows what shes doing :). Good luck with your burm eggs!!

6. venus

venus Founding Member

Never know,,might learn something new :rolleyes:

7. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

Ive never heard of it either, did your info say continuous exposure or any exposure to light?

8. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I would say it would be a wise idea to err on the side of caution and limit the Burm eggs to minimal exposure as well.

If you can provide some additional info on how light affects beardie eggs, that would be great. I do a lot of reading and haven't read anything about that yet but would love to dig into some of it.

9. Harmony Herps

Harmony Herps Member

I feel like an idiot I didn't mean to start a debate . I do trust everyones advice . I read it somewhere when I was doing my research on my dragon eggs and as it seems I can't find it either . I am sorry if I offended anyone didn't mean to . I appreciate all the help from everyone and thank you .

10. venus

venus Founding Member

No worries, you didnt offend anyone, we just like to see it for ourselves :p

11. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You shouldn't feel like an idiot. You were just going off of what you learned.

That is one of the reasons we created this site. If you visit 20 different sites on just about any reptile, a few of them will have information that the others don't. It makes it nearly impossible to determine which sites are stating quality info and which are not. We are hoping to help clear up some of the "mess" on the net by providing quality and proven information.

You didn't offend me. lol You actually got my attention. I wanted read the source of the info. I am always up for learning something new. lol

Thats what the site is here for. So how many eggs do you have?

12. Harmony Herps

Harmony Herps Member

I have 40 .You can see her with her eggs in my avatar . Yes that is her and her eggs right after laying them . This is the first I ever breed her and am waiting impatiently . I have had a lot of discusions with Henry Piorun about the eggs and everything he told me has been true but didn't ask him about the light thing thought I would check here and see what comes about . I really do appreciate everyones advice and yes I know what you mean about the info must of read about 600 different things from different people or groups . I have been dealing with reptiles for more then 17 years but in the last 2 years I have started getting into breeding and its a whole new experience in learning everything I can . As I said thank you all every bit of info is being absorbed and processsed . All the info helps alot . Thank you .

13. mshrmheadcharge

Thats ALOT of eggs! Thats one good female you have there ;) Good luck with your eggs!!

14. Harmony Herps

Harmony Herps Member

Thanks I'm waiting impatiently .

15. mshrmheadcharge

Haham youre more then welcome! Id be impatient too :p

16. Harmony Herps

Harmony Herps Member

My eggs have started hatching now I'm more impatient then ever there taking so long to come out arghhhhhhhhhh! To bad they all so far look like there daddy .

17. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

hope pics will be coming. :)

18. Harmony Herps

Harmony Herps Member

:eek: Here is some pics of babys

Attached Files:

19. mshrmheadcharge

They are gorgeous!

20. venus

venus Founding Member

Oh wow, congrats...babies are so exciting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.