This Disappears When Logged In

Building a Rain Tank.

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by titus, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Well I've been pondering the idea of seting up a rain tank for frog breeding. I've bred darts before they don't have half the eggs as most frogs, but I thought as a side project I would give it a shot and raise a few of the eggs produced a handful of 20-30. Since I have mister parts laying around and a large plastic box (I think plastic is best since a dran pipe needs to be installed). I'd set one up and give it a shot. Any how I'm looking for the rest of the parts I need. When I get started you'll surly see a how to thread.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Cool idea! We'll be waiting to see how it works out!

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

oh good luck. Rain chambers are FUN. I hear the key with the tads is to stop any and all filtration with them. Move them to their own tank of shallow water.

I have also heard that a sprinkler type thing works better than misting. Sprinklers are able to mimic rain better.

good luck!!

4. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

The sprinkler ring like you hook up to a garden hose? There is a post some where around here with someone using two of those sprinkler rings.

5. venus

venus Founding Member

6. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Marsha to the rescue. I forgot who done it. but thanks for posting it for me.

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.