This Disappears When Logged In

Build Plans

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by cslammon, Aug 9, 2010.

1. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Okay cool.. Update on the build, just poured 4 40lb bags of soil into the bottom, put in a tree, and now I'm about to build the door. Check out my sweet table! Hahah

a971635e.jpg

Heres Yoshi getting introduced to his new home, his eyes gave off that "Holy **** this is alot of space!" kind of look haha.
    c42387a4.jpg

Attached Files:

2. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Finally done! Well, about 90%, but enough for him to move in!

029.jpg
    030.jpg
    031.jpg
    033.jpg
    034.jpg

Just need to add a little more decorations to it.

Attached Files:

• 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      100.1 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      206.4 KB
      Views:
    • 031.jpg
      031.jpg
      File size:
      188.7 KB
      Views:
    • 033.jpg
      033.jpg
      File size:
      167.8 KB
      Views:
    • 034.jpg
      034.jpg
      File size:
      175.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Look into garden pumps - like the kind they use for garden ponds - they have a bit more push to them.

4. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

What do you think of the cage? I had to buy a new aquarium because the other one broke when I tried moving it.. so I got a 10gallon for now. He's still pretty edgy and nervous, he tries hiding from me, and he keeps diving into the water and staying under

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

cage looks great, though you may have problems with humidity if you have too much ventilation (and with herps, not much at all can be too much).

If you haven't bought another tank already, look into plastic containers like sweater boxes, etc. They are a little more durable than glass, and come in lower, wider shapes that might be more suitable.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree with going plastic with the tank. It will make it alot easier to move and clean out.
    I would also add more climbing structures. You have a lot of space that that is virtually unusable by the dragon.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Yes, a tangles mess of branches and vines would do nicely. You can collect wood and branches from your own backyard. If you think they need it, spray them with some bleach solution, and rinse them thoroughly.

Obviously, make sure it isn't anything potentially harmful. Avoid pine and Cedar.

8. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Thanks for the insight! I'll look into the plastic tanks for sure. And yes I know I need much more decoration and climbing areas. I am building a top for the cage as well that will cover the lights so humidity shouldn't be too much of a problem. I have a fogger/humidifier in there now pumping in humid air. I'm eventually going to setup a misting system

9. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Yoshi seems to be enjoying his new home so far, came home and found him chillen here

3e9b3a47.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

He's such a good-looking dragon!

11. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Thank you!!

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! He's probably wondering when you are going to install his big screen TV!

13. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

You know your the 2nd person to say that hahah weird

14. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Man!! This guy refuses to sleep it seems haha, he keeps jumping to the bottom from the top! I hope he doesn't break his leg again or something

15. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Any guesses as to when he will feel comfortable around me again? Everytime I walk into the room he jumps into the water and hides at the bottom