This Disappears When Logged In

Bug problem!!!

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Gevaudan, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gevaudan

Gevaudan Elite Member

My iguana has had mites for a while now, and we have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them...bathing him (and cleaning out the room), changing his room afterwards, bathing him again and again (With spraying down the room with bug killer)... we took him to the vet (my b/f is a vet tech),and he got needles (i am asuming it was to get rid of the bugs), and still nothing... and we wash him down every day (with a bit of water and emu (sp?) oil. what can i do to help him? the poor guy...
    Jo

2. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Well..

You said you cleaned out his whole room, do you mean literally a room or is he in a cage?
    If it is a cage, What kind of substrate do you use? If you use something from a bag that bag full of stuff could be infested and you are just dumping them back in!

I think that I have heard that you can be bringing them in also I wish I had more advice my wd's case of mites cleared up rather fast.......

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Get "Reptile Relief" by deFlea. It is currently the most effective, safest, thing on the market. You can spray cage, animal and all!

4. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Thats what its called

Thats what I forgot to say was that I used reptile relief. I am at school so I couldnt think of the name! It works wonders! Good luck

5. Gevaudan

Gevaudan Elite Member

Thanks, i will look for it, as im in a very small town an our pet stores are not very good at all! but i will keep an eye out!!!
    no, cloud has a room all to himself... we have things for him to climb and everything, but since our house is so big (4 bedroom) for two people. we gave him his own room! lol. i know hes spoiled...
    Jo

6. Gevaudan

Gevaudan Elite Member

called the b/f at work, sent him on a goose chase around town (and thru his clinic *hes a vet tech*) to find the product :)

Jo

7. Gevaudan

Gevaudan Elite Member

Is this product an American Product? as i live in canada, and Nobody has heard of it... or anything like it!!! I looked on ebay, can get some for cheap.... but is 8oz enough

8. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I use it to, If you can't find it one of us will ship it to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.