This Disappears When Logged In

Bud's New Home (Finally, The New Perch)

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by XBurner, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

After weeks and months of redesigns, cash flow problems, I finally made a design and stuck with it. With my brother's help, we've done it in about two weeks. It's not totally done yet, because we gotta add in his basking/feeding tier yet. But he loves it so far. Something that I've completed since taking the pic, is finishing the "swing arm". This is something that my brother thought it'd be cool to experiment with and it turns out really cool. Basically, where you can see the white towel (only there because I haven't yet set up the roping around the PVC) and the food dish/clay pot, another carpeted PVC pipe sits in the T and extends out by about four feet. So basically, he can climb out onto it pretty far, to the middle of my room, turn around and climb back. So far, he's been all over it and jumping from pipe to pipe, from one side's pipe to his sleeping box and up onto it. He's really getting a good workout on this. :)

[​IMG]

But yeah, his basking tier is going to be where the tree stops, in fact, we're planning on cutting it down a bit so we can have enough room to be right for him. His food dish is going to be set into the basking tier so he won't be making a mess every time he turns around or just... his big tail slides over it. But this is it so far.

Comments, suggestions?

2. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

Finished.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's really, really diggin' it. The food bowl, I'm not too crazy about it because it looks like he doesn't "get it". But other than that, I'm really happy with how it's turned out.

3. lizardpoo

lizardpoo Elite Member

dude, thats sweet, great design. He looks as content as a lizard could be

4. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Very, very cool!

5. The D

The D Mango Empress

looks great! well done =^.^=

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very interesting contrivance!
    The only problem I see is his favorite perch is not under the UVB light.
    The light is not doing any good in this configuration.

7. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

Well, the top is basically for him to just stay warm and hang out on while I sleep until after noon. After I get up, I turn on his lights, I'll head off to get some lunch, and when I get back to my room, he'll be under the lights and chillin'. Today, he basically sat there basking all day.

Basking and eating... he's got a great life. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.