This Disappears When Logged In

BTS Precious

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by NancyA, Oct 31, 2012.

1. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Cute!!
    What do you have for a setup? We love pics of animals and enclosures if you have anymore we will gladly ohh and aww over them!

3. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Well I can see why he's named that I couldn't possibly awwww enough.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Precious indeed, what a gorgeous Blue Tongue! Thanks for sharing :)

5. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

Thank you. When I first saw him the first thing that came to mind was "so precious" so it stuck. I later found out that he was a he by catching a quick glimpse! I have to get updated pics. He's in a tank that's 36"x18"x18", I'll double check on the size. He's been in the same tank now for 8 years. He's on aspen, has two hides and a large log for basking. The log also keeps his nails trimmed. I use a large ceramic dog bowl for his water. He kept dumping the other stainless bowls I tried. I use uvb lighting year round on a 12 hour timer. I also use a heat light and under the tank heat pad during the winter to help maintain 95 degrees. His cool side is generally around 70-75 degrees. I keep my house at a constant 70 degrees year round.

6. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Also...do I see Stephen king books in the back? ;)

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Blah on Stephen king!

8. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Blah on you! :p

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Have you ever noticed how not scary he is?

10. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I enjoy his writing because he adds a lot of humor in it.

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

That is true and his writing style is good as well. It's just I read it expecting to be scared and it disappoints every time.

12. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Yeah I just enjoy the stories themselves. Some have "creepy" parts but nothing scaring.

13. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

Did you also notice that the books are in glass? Huge fan ever since he first wrote Carrie in the 70s. Many of my collection are first editions and I have three that are autographed by him. I saw him speak back in 79 at the Augusta State Library. He was very droll and boring speaker. I can't believe that you haven't found any of his books scary! I've haven't been able to step over a storm drain with out creeping out in years! LOL I'll avoid them if possible and never look directly into them.

14. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

Pictures from this morning. His highness awake and his tank.
    Precious.jpg Precious Tank.jpg

15. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

What a cutie :p