This Disappears When Logged In

Breeding Size?

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Krystal, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystal

Krystal Member

What is the weight when they are able to breed I want to make sure my male is big enough before I put him with a female. I know the female is big enough she is 10 f and Blanco is 6 foot 5 inches. He is my baby and my hubby is wanting to get the female to breed with him but I dont want him to get hurt. He is about 9 months old and has the best temperament in the world I will be posting updated pics soon of all my babies and trust me there a bunch.

2. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

I don't think your male is going to be ready to breed, since he is so small and your female is nice and big, I wouldn't risk it at the moment, she could hurt him, even kill him. Sexual maturity in Burmese pythons is a combination of age and size. A female will usually breed at a younger age if she is larger than normal. Females 2.5 -3 yrs, males 1.5 - 2 yrs. Those are the usually the earliest for burms to be sexually mature. I really don't condone the breeding of large snakes, but everyone has the right to know about breeding them (I don't mean to be crabby).

3. Krystal

Krystal Member

The only reason I was considering its more a hobby just want to try it once and the snakes already have a home if it does work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.