This Disappears When Logged In

Breeding GBB Again!

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Pharoahound, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I'm going to start breeding Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens again. (Green bottle blue tarantulas.)
    They are fantastic to work with, and I enjoy their colours. I've had wonderful luck with them. I just ordered a Male online-and I'm going to go pick up two Females this weekend at the Reptile expo in Georgia! :) I'm so excited. They have so many babies. After I sell all of the babies I usually have atleast 10-20 left and I just end up giving them away to friends or family-before I get attached and keep them. If anyone is interested (Though I don't see a lot of tarantula lovers here) since you've been so kind to me and helped me with my herps I'll love to send someone one or two for no cost as long as they go to a good home :p green-bottle-blue-tarantula1.jpg These are what they look like.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

A friend of mine has a blue bottle sling! Can't wait to see her grow up :)
    Post photos when you get the male, best of luck with the breeding

3. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Thank you! They grow so fast. I will! Hopefully we will get the male before the weekend-I wont go if he's not shipped- :/ I dont wan't him to be shipped when I'm not present.

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Now that's an impressive tarantula! How big do they get, and are they terrestrial? Are both males and females that bright and colorful?

5. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

The males are around for inches and I've seen some 12 year old females who are about six inches from leg to leg! Yes the are terrestrial and tend to burrow. though I do put leaning bark in their enclosures so they can climb a little. Yes both male and Female are beautifully coloured.
    Male they're butt's tend to be smaller and more narrow. male.jpg
    Female female.jpg
    Younger sling.jpg

6. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Also they're very skittish. Not docile at all. The males are a lot worse-they are just nervous and jumpy. You can't really handle them...The females are tyrants. Ive lost a male to a female after mating them a few years ago...he was nervous and skittish..and after they mated I tried to separate them like I normally do but I wasn't fast enough. She had a big dinner that night.

7. justor

justor Elite Member

Very cool, thanks for the info. I've been thinking about getting a tarantula. Not anytime soon necessarily, but I'm entertaining the idea. To be honest the thought of handling them kind of freaks me out lol. I just want one that is really pretty to look at. Do they make a lot of webs in their enclosures?

8. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

A lot of people who enjoy and keep tarantulas never hold any of there's! You don't have to. There are a few species like pink toes, rosies and Mexican red knees who can be held with no problem but you don't have to. They probably rather you don't either lol!they are great low matinence show pets. Certain tarantulas do. The baboons, GGBs and pink toes make a lot. Most of the burrowing and aboreal Ts do. The mexican red knees and Rosie's lay a little.

9. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

10. SnakesNCakes

SnakesNCakes Established Member

I am not a spider fan at all, but those are some pretty sweet colors

11. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

Good luck! I may take one in the future. I wanna let me feet dangle in this Girl I have first. Make sure I can handle it and all that. lol

12. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

My T was supposed to be here this morning. I skipped a really interesting symposium at my college to wait for him. And the breeder isn't answering my calls. I checked the post office and it's supposed to drop down to the 30's tonight and tomorrow. :/ and I've sent him emails saying if he hasn't shipped it I add heat packs. I hope he gets my emails!!!

13. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

I would definitively buy one they are gorgeous

14. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

They are really tricky to breed-though I have a sort of secrete to it ;)

15. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

Well whenever you Havre some babies let me know

16. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

One that I would really prefer and still want is the P. Mettalica

17. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I'm getting them today at the atlanta show hopefully! So it will be a few months. But I will! And I've had a p. Metallica before-just a sling and she was a handful-though beautiful indeed

18. alpine

alpine Elite Member

This is really interesting to know. Those Ts are really brightly colored I love it! Though I personally am more of a person for the earthy tones.

19. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

how has this breeding turned out in the end?