This Disappears When Logged In

Breeding Crickets?

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by Andyc3020, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

I have read over the cricket breeding guide and I got a lot of information. I bought everything I need to get started. I just have a few questions so far

-I only have two mouths to feed, but I am sick of going to the store and wasting money. I'm going to have a lot more crickets than I will need. I'm sure I will end up with a few more lizards to feed, but in the mean time, what do you guys do with all of the extra crickets? I wonder how hard it is to sell them to pet shops or bait shops or if it's even worth it.

-I understand between 80-90 degrees F is what is ideal, and it will speed up the breeding process. My setup is in the garage and I live in Georgia, so it is usually about 78 degrees in there. I don't want them to breed too fast so is that going to be perfect? I'll have to use a heat pad in the winter though.

-Should I keep my feeder crickets in the same container as my breeding crickets?

any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

3. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

go fishing. lol some pet stores will not buy feeders from private breeders, they can not guarantee the feeders are clean of parasites. what i did was sell them to my friends who had lizards or frogs. post on craigslist for pickup.