This Disappears When Logged In

Bredli Carpet Pythons, Are They Good for a Beginner Python Keeper?

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by SamTheMediocre, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Hello, I'm looking into pythons right now. A while back I was looking for a good beginner snake, but since then, I've had the opportunity to work with a breeder and I've become pretty well learned when it comes to what he keeps. That being said, he only keeps boas. I love the boas, but for a personal pet, I'd prefer something just a little more curious, and a bit less common. So I've started looking into Australian pythons and more specifically, bredlies. I hear that they are a bit more curious, and a bit more docile than other carpet python sub species, and I find them very visually appealing. Anyways my question is, if someone has a reasonable amount of knowledge on snakes and snake care, could a bredli make a good first python?

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Honestly, I think that they'd be fine for a beginner. Snakes are not cars.. I do not believe in getting "beginner snakes" but whatever you want to start with. First, I'd recommend that you spend time handling several babies and adults and becoming familiar with them, do ALL of your research and get a new home COMPLETELY ready prior to the purchase of the animal.

As long as you are responsible and make sure you have everything right (and everything ready) beforehand, any snake can be a first snake.

3. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

If you have knowledge and experience handling adult boas then yes, you can absolutely start with any of the carpet family as a first snake.

The whole carpet family is awesome, and bredls are pretty much the king of the group

If your getting in to them Nick Muttons book "the complete carpet python" is an excellent resource