This Disappears When Logged In

Brazilian Rainbow Boa Bite

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Dragoness, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

12.14.10_037.jpg

After the fact, I remembered that I had been petting my cats just prior to reaching into the BRB enclosure to clean her water dish. That was 100% my fault. I think it was my first bite from her. Can't remember, it's all running together now, lol.

Attached Files:

2. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Very cool! Keep it up... but don't get too hurt or anything. :)

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Ouch! That looks like it hurt a bit. No more petting kitty before sticking hand in snakes cage.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

lol, she is a toothy little girl. I don't mind the bites - there are far worse things in life.

Yeah, I pet my cats so frequently, I'm pretty sure I will always have at least some cat scent on me, but I had just finished playing with them, so my hands probably still smelled strongly of fresh cat. Well, at least I know she isn't a picky eater!

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Nice looking bite Jen! Not nearly as bad as some of the animals you "play with" at work though. I refuse to hold parrots or macaws for that very reason-I like my fingers right where they are!

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I think parrots are the worst. I can deal with smaller ones like amazons and greys, because they do not bite hard enough to do serious damage like a macaw can.

7. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

****, thats a nice bite, how big is your girl, i was planning on getting a common or redtail boa, just curious about how much damage they can do at what size and all.

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

This is the BRB that bit me. She is not very big. maybe 4 feet (I do not have an exact measurement.)
    12.6.10_198.jpg
    We also have a large Colombian boa (7'9") who is a feisty and temperamental girl.
    8.24.10._004.jpg
    That was the result of her last 'tantrum'
    This is her:
    8.19.09.2_036.jpg
    7.11.10.2_029.jpg

Attached Files:

9. mld

What gorgeous snakes, really like the Brazilian Rainbow Boas colors, and the Columbian Boa is huge! Very nice snakes, thanks for sharing the pictures.

10. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Just thrownin this out there in twenty years never had a snake bite do to the scent of a cat. An parrots an such can be nasty a friend of my dads has a scar on his arm from one it's about eight inches long an two inchs wide. But Monty was one nasty parrot.

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

well, my BRB normally isn't a bitey snake, so I'm assuming it was the very fresh cat scent. I could be wrong, lol. She was acting a little hungry, despite having just eaten 3 days before (end getting extras from other snakes who did not eat their meals.)

12. mld

She could be thinking of putting on those Christmas pounds like the rest of us! Didn't want to feel left out I guess:confused:

13. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Very beautiful snakes, thanks for the pics. Its a risk having reptiles, but definately worth it. Glad you didnt get hurt too bad.

14. peter84jenkins

peter84jenkins Well-Known Member

Ouch, that looks like it stung for a minute.