This Disappears When Logged In

Brand New Baby!

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by rhinokeeper, Sep 5, 2013.

1. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

Thala, try to select shade varieties. And choose varieties with large solid leaves as opposed to small fringey leaves.these types will generally do better in lower light .

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Thanks AParkin! I will do so next time I get some extra money.

I am hoping to get an ecosystem going in my fish tank that I can then transfer over to Tais cage whenever it is finished. So far the only thing I have going for me is that the fish are breeding...Not that Tai likes fish but oh well.

3. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

When you do buy plants check them well for snails, and wash them. And you willprobably still end up with snails! Lol snails do a great job cleaning, but they overpopulate crazy fast. I do a daily snail check and crush all the tiny ones. That keeps the population in check, and the fish love to eat the crushed snails. You can also feed flukers cricket diet to your fish, which is cleaner and cheaper than decent fish food. Also, you end up with gut loaded feeder fish. :)

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

But I find the flukers cricket diet to be rather expensive. Have you looked at the mazuri cricket food? It is really cheap and you can buy it in bulk!

For now I just make my own food with whatever food I have lying around the house.

Except for the fish they get commercial food.

5. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

Must be regional price differences. I only pay like $2 for a big jar of flukers, I will look into the mazuri though. As for fish food, just be sure it doesn't have dye in it. A lot of commercial fishfoods have really strong dyes in it which I don't think would be good for reptiles to injest. Its probably not even good for the fish either. I've started giving scraps to my crickets recently as well as flukers diet. I've just been giving veggies and fruit scraps.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Its like $9 for a small bottle of flukers here.

7. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

Hmm It never even crossed my mind to feed fish cricket food.

8. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

Got a new digital hydro/thermometer and my old one was off by about 10 degrees. But tank now reads 79 and 60% humidity general tank temp. And basking area is 102 and slopes down from there.

9. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

Quick pic update. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

10. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Looking good! Love the aquatic plants.

12. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

I had to take a ton of it out it started to look like there was no water lol

13. dylroche

dylroche Well-Known Member

awesome setup!