This Disappears When Logged In

Books & Toads

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by LovetheBaruu, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Has anyone ever heard of the Surinam toad? We went to the library to borrow all of the children's books with lizard and amphibian info. This toad is frightful!!

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I have seen pictures and Reptiles Magazine did an article way back but I've never seen one in the pet trade. They are quite cool looking.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Its definitely a more interesting looking amphibian.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They have one at our Zoo. Pretty bizarre looking.

5. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Aww, you are all so nice! It gave me nightmares! It looks (in my opinion) like it has been hit by a steamroller. Mother Nature was not kind in the looks department for this creature. Very effective for caring for her young though!

6. schlegelbagel

Its all for camouflage. She just goes to the bottom of a pond, rustles up the mud and you can't see her! Built perfectly actually.

7. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

8. schlegelbagel

I love that video. A true mother.

9. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I want one, I have a ton of different books on frogs and toads. I have always found them fascinating creatures. Maybe when I retire from the rescue business I will end up with a lot of different frogs and toads, that will be fun, finally having something that I want for a change, lol.

My first will be the Cane Toad though.

10. Mule

Mule New Member

I just got a pair. I was looking for a new toad and found these two monsters. The female is as big as my hand and the males just a tad smaller. They appear to be able to change color to match surroundings and have tiny eyes. The female has eaten twice. She sucks them down and blows scales out as it exhales the water it sucked in. They are so much bigger than my others. As soon as I figure out how to, I will post pics, or at least a video on youtube like I did for my bufo.

11. schlegelbagel

That would be cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.