This Disappears When Logged In

Boa Breeding?

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by skelly98, Feb 9, 2013.

1. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

So, i was thinking about getting into breeding Kenyan Sand Boas... i have three extra tanks, two tenners and a forty gallon. There is a market for them around here, from pet shops to kijiji want ads, so i think i could sell some, especially a morph like- anerythristic mabye i could get a het anery and an anery and get a mixed clutch for selling? what i was wondering was, would it be better to keep them in separate cages, or the same cage? i know snakes are not usually kept together because of canibalisim and stress, but i know a lot of ksb breeders keep them together, so...

anyways, for breeding ksb's, would it be best to keep my breeders together or separate? just curious.

2. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

anyone???? :p

3. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I have no clue. Didn't want your thread to go un noticed. I've just never bred or read about breeding. Hopefully someone can chime in soon.

4. MostlyBoas

MostlyBoas Member

I would keep them separate with the exception of breeding season. I will give a few reasons, and some of my own experiences. If you keep them together and one gets sick, its highly likely the other one will also. Its will also be a pain during feeding, if you find a regurrge, or funky stool you can't keep track of which one might need some extra attention...Cannabalism does happen I've experienced it twice in about 20 years of keeping Kenyans the first time during breeding season, I had 2 females in with one male both females were very close in size. I opened the drawer and had one FAT snake, a female ate the other female, later that day she regurged her, and then she died also, both were well fed as I feed a little heavier before breeding, so they shouldn't have been hungry. A couple years ago, Ihad a nice 800 gram albino that dropped 16 babies the prior year. She only dropped two, but she was fat for just dropping babies, the next day she regurged 17 albinos and snows. I have experienced a Limburg albino rosy female chow on her babies.