This Disappears When Logged In

Boa Breeding Questions

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by akbaby907, Jun 3, 2014.

1. akbaby907

akbaby907 Active Member

So my partner found a male he likes, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of offspring it would produce with my normal female. The site says "Boa constrictor imperator father = (BCI) Coral Kahl Albino Born in 2006, BCI mother, born 1996 NZ animals are wild colors, but each animal 100% hetero albino"

I'm trying to use the OWALReptiles Boa Calculator but there's so many options for albinos ( OWALReptiles - Boa Calculator ) and I'm not sure which it would be. I'm assuming the het albino kahl option, but the T- is what's throwing me off.

So my questions, would the het albino kahl be correct for the boa, and what does the T- mean?

I'll link the site that the boa is in, but the page is in German.
    Boa constrictor imperator, 100% Hetero Albino (Bad Kreuznach) - Boas - Deine-Tierwelt.de

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

hi. There are two types of albinism in Boa Constrictors. T- and T+. Kahl and Sharp are T- and Blond, VPI, etc are T+.

The correct way to calculate the offspring in OWAL is Albino T- (Kahl) to Het Albino T- (Kahl). The answer will be 100% Albino T- (Kahl) babies but in all actuality, the babies will be Coral Albinos if you're breeding a Coral Kahl to a Het Kahl.

3. akbaby907

akbaby907 Active Member

I guess I should have been a little clearer, the mother and father descriptions are of the boa my partner is looking at. The site labels him as 100% het albino, then included the description of the parents. So it would be that bred with my normal female.

4. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Oh I see. That would result in Normal 50% Poss het Albino babies.