This Disappears When Logged In

Boa Bite Pics

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Dragoness, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Our large (7'9") female was out for a while today, and when I noticed she was starting to get restless, I went to put her away. Apparently wasn't fast enough for her. Anyways. BAM, she got me once, and tried at least one more time before I got her into the cage.

Anyways, I know Stefan would never forgive me if I didn't get some pics of it.

Before cleaning up:
    8.24.10._004.jpg

After cleaning up:
    8.24.10._005.jpg

Well, after cleaning the injury at least - you can still tell we had Ramen for lunch, lol.

Attached Files:

2. Cyclura08

Cyclura08 Well-Known Member

You should totally get yourself some tattoo ink (sterile as possible of course) to have on hand for the next time you get bitten...snakebite tat!

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Yes, Dragoness - you just made Stefan's day!! :-" at your expense, of course!

Yum -- Oodles of Noodles!!

4. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Nice! Well ouch anyway, lol. ;)

5. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Doesn't look as bad as I was expecting. My python has tagged me once good on the wrist and it was very much like that (just more bleeding from the difference in location). I don't know how snakes do it, but they manage to not inflict a lot of pain while causing a decent amount of blood loss.

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great pictures, Stefan will be so happy that you got pictures. :) Glad it was just on the arm!

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Thanks Jen, now at last I might get a decent nights sleep (none of you will know just how stressful it's been having to wait ever so patiently for a decent bite shot), and I'm not one to complain, not me, but can I just ask why you didn't get the strike pic, too??? (Thanks all the same, but try a little harder next time, please)..... :-"

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Jen is going to have to install a camera throughout her home and yard to catch it as it happens, just for you.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Well, I would have thought you would ALL have already done that????? ;)

10. lovesreptiles

lovesreptiles Elite Member

Not as bad as I would expect from almost an 8-foot boa. Probably hurt A LOT though and startled you a bit. I'd be pretty startled if I got tagged by a snake that big lol.

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

It wasn't a bad bite, and because I could not see her head at the time, I wasn't startled, and didn't have an instinctive jerk.

Stefan, next time she's restless, I'll go for the camera instead of the cage ;) If we don't comply with her majesty's wishes immediately, she takes it out on us peasant folk with her teeth... repeatedly... until we get the message. Sometimes, she tries a few extra times, just to keep us in line.

12. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Gee, and I thought my Tegu had an attitude! lol

13. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Oh, Queen Akasha definitely has an attitude. And a big one at that. It's a good thing we love her anyways - she usually aims for the face.

14. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Yikes! Doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience.

15. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

She just tried to pass the message that she is boss. LOL.

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Maybe you need to borrow one of the signs from the Zoo.....
    Please don't feed the animals!;)

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

She already has a sign on her cage:

Attached Files:

18. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Glad it turned out minor, as far as a snake bite tattoo goes...not sure about that...LOL!

19. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I still haven't been tagged by a snake, the iguana was enough for me, thanks.

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'll take being tagged by a big snake over a big iguana any day of the week!