This Disappears When Logged In

Bluffing?

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by Microscope Jockey, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

This a more "philosophical" question than a practical one anyway...
    I haven't been handling Ginger much lately because I've been busy but I had to grab her the other day so I could clean her cage. She open-mouth hissed at me when she saw me coming but didn't do anything once I touched her. She's never ever once tried to bite me but she can hiss and rattle for all she's worth. Anyway WHY doesn't she bite or squirm after she takes all that effort to try and scare me? What's the point of growling, hissing, rattling, and holding her breath if she's not going to fight til the death or at least try to get away?

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

It's just a defense mechanism,,,,sorta like how some dogs bark for all there worth but would never bite.....Just saying "hey,,,watch it,,,I could bite if I have too"

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, bullsnakes are masters at bluffing. They put up such a big display, that hopefully nothing will actually continue approaching them.

4. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

So Ginger doesn't bite me because she knows she doesn't have to by now? Or is that gving her puny snakey brain too much credit?

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I think she's mad 'cause she wants to come out and play more! :p lol
    Heehee,
    Jem

6. BRIZZY

BRIZZY Banned User

Haha Sorry That's Funny. I Have A Bull And He's The Complete Opposite. He's Always Out Cruisin Around All Day And Night. He Knows What Day He Gets Fed. I Could Leave Him Alone For A Whole Week And Go Right Back In And Snag Him Up He Loves To Be Out Of The Cage. They Do Rattle Their Tails And Hiss At You,but They Don't Smell Any Food On You So They Won't Attack Unless They Feel Threatened. Hopefully I Helped A Lil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.