This Disappears When Logged In

Blueprints?

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by schmidt1894, Dec 20, 2012.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

So, does anybody have any blueprints for an enclosure? I'm thinking about building two 4x2x2 enclosures for my dragons over the holiday break... :D

I just want to build a simple tank. I only have a screw gun, and my hands that are capable of not much:) so... how much would it cost? and what do i need?:)

I just want something simple.... i want it to be easy to clean out, because im going off to college next year and i want it easy for my mom. So, sliding glass doors is good... and the uvb and basking light to plug right in, doesnt have to be on a switch or anything.. would be nice if can explain in depth how to do so... Gonna be using tile... and thinking about painting the outside and inside.. so what kind of paint can i use, etc..?

2. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

No blue print is necessary for making a box with a glass front. I would start off getting your lumber cut to size. I would paint whatever panels are facing inside first then assemble it. I would then put your tile on after assembly. I am lining mine with formica, no grout seams to scrub. Sliders can get a bit costly but are definitely worth it.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

4. Vers

Vers Elite Member

The above link Merlin posted should do, but I would not recommend that door style. Sliding glass doors (double c channel) or vertically hinged glass/plexi (pivot/glass door hinges) would be much better.

5. Vers

Vers Elite Member

No grout needed with tile...silicone for the win ;) Laminate is great too, but unless its textured or covered with another substrate it can be quite slick. It makes for a great liner otherwise, both bottom and sides.

6. pgreen01

pgreen01 Well-Known Member

hope this helps.... yours would be the same but larger!
    photo (4).jpg photo (5).jpg photo (9).jpg

7. gpolkin

gpolkin Well-Known Member

Sorry if I missed it but can you share any details on how to construct/install a pivot/glass door. The water dragon enclosure I am building has a 48' x 66' front that I would like to be mostly glass except for a false bottom area for the water tub drain, etc.

If you have details on installing sliders that would be great too, I have some info but always looking for tips.

Thanks, Greg

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

For my door I built a frame out of wood then attached the glass to the wood using mirror hanger clips and silicone. The door was then attached to the cage with a long piano hinge.
    For a sliding door you just need to find some plastic or metal tracks that are thick enough to house two pieces of glass side by side. Also the glass needs to be wide enough that the pieces overlap a few inches.
    Sometimes depending on the size of the enclosure you can use shower stall kits.