This Disappears When Logged In

blue eyes

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by earwig, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm glad he ate for you but I would still have a vet see it. At the very least take a fresh fecal sample in for a parasite check. Most ball python hatchlings available are still wild imports.

2. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I agree...it would freak me out if I could see my snake's bones, and I would definitely still want a vet check.

3. earwig

earwig Active Member

is there a way to tell the snake has parasites?

4. smallgrayfox

Yes...a veterinarian needs to examine a fecal sample. If a snake has a parasitic infection, and it isn't treated, the snake can die. :( If I had your snake, I'd definitely take it to see the vet (the thought of its bones showing is just too scary to me), and if that was impossible for some reason, at the very least, I would take a fecal sample to the vet.

5. earwig

earwig Active Member

ok I probably will bring him to the vet pretty soon. do i bring the fecal sample or the snake, or both?

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I would do both! The vet can check the fecal for parasites and check the snake for dehydration or undernourishment.

7. Dee

Dee Elite Member

Totally in agreement with everyone else here -- Get him checked out ASAP. I'd be worried sick if it was my cornsnake, Kah. Your Ball may just be a finicky eater or a little nervous settling in, but I wouldn't leave it to chance.

8. smallgrayfox

I would definitely take both if at all possible.

9. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

I defenetly would take him straight to the vet tomorrow! All the best!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.