This Disappears When Logged In

Blood Pythons With Random Kinks!

Discussion in 'Blood Pythons' started by Acai, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Acai

Acai New Member

Hi! I am new, and I have a question about my Blood Python. If anyone can answer I would be really greatful. I got my baby blood python about 6-8 months ago and in that time he has always acted strange. He has never eaten by himself and always shy's away from food. I started to assisit feed him and he accepts the food once I can get it in his mouth. He has never reguritated any food and seems happy once he's eaten. If anyone can help with the feeding problem that would be nice. Also, I don't know too much about their shedding but he has only shed once since ive bought him. I feel that is a bit odd. But the most bizarre thing that he does is get kinks. The back 2-4 inches of the snake sometimes cramps up so it ends up looking like a sharp U-Turn. After a few minutes he is able to loosen his muscles up but it looks painful. I have tryed turing him upsidedown and laying him on his back but he is always able to right himself so I am really not sure what is wrong with him. The closest Herp Vet is like 100 miles or so away so I have yet to take him since there has not been any emergency yet.

If Any Can Help Me, It Would Be Nice!

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

With what you are describing it appears your temps and humidity may be off. Can you let us know your entire set-up ? cage size, substrate, hides, temps, humidity,,,etc.

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Welcome to the site- I don't have very much experience with young bloods. The one I have was an adult when I rescued her. If you can post a few photos, it may help.