This Disappears When Logged In

Black Spiny Tailed Iguana

Discussion in 'Ctenosaura - Spiny Tail Iguana' started by Uamenti09, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Uamenti09

Uamenti09 Elite Member

I maybe adopting on of these this weekend, anyone have any advice or info? any owners on here?

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I think Dom has one. I am not personally familiar with them but I have heard they are difficult to handle and very very hard to tame.

3. Uamenti09

Uamenti09 Elite Member

yeah I'm interested in one particular up for adoption that is supposed to be already pretty tame, easly handled and can be pet

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am always leery of a difficult species that is "Already tame and easily handled".
    Thast could be a sign of illness.
    Ctenos are a bitey species.

5. Uamenti09

Uamenti09 Elite Member

Male 2.5 year old Black Spiny-Tailed Iguana (Ctenosaura similis), over 2ft. long, perfect condition and health. “Guapo” is unusually docile for this species, and easily handled – can even be pet. He comes with a homemade wood and wire cage 4’D by 4’T by 2.5’W, complete with platforms, hanging hides, large branch, two heat bulbs and domes, one long UV light and hood and one ceramic heat emitter with dome. Also most of a new container of Zoo Med Juvenile Iguana food and food bowl. Lacking only is a water bowl.

6. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

What happened with this? Just wondering. I used to own one of these iguanas.