This Disappears When Logged In

Black Patch on F/t Feeder

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by KnucklesGotHerps, May 5, 2014.

1. KnucklesGotHerps

KnucklesGotHerps New Member

Hi, I had a good size bag of feeders and as I'm feeding them off I start to notice some weird black patches. I through the ones I saw away. But may have fed a few. I've already emailed the supplier about it. But wanted to also get a second opinion on it. Also I shall say I had a regurgitation a couple days ago. I think it was possibly because of that cause my temps are good so I'm ruling out that. But here is a few pictures of a couple from the feeding now.

Attached Files:

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Looks like blood. Hard to tell if it's under the skin, or in the fur in those pictures.

Most feeders are killed with CO2, and there should be no hemorrhaging from that. however, injuries to the rat (before, during or after death) could have caused blood seepage, but that second picture looks like a straight up bite mark - like a snake already bit the rat.

Hard to tell. I periodically turn op a rat or mouse with tiny little punctures when I thaw them. I just assume it's their sharp little claws poking holes in each-other while they are in the freezer, or thawing.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. Looks like some sort of physical trauma! I would contact the supplier.