This Disappears When Logged In

Bizarre Behavior

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by Rakoladycz, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I have come to the conclusion Loretta is a typical woman in that i will never understand her. She does things that i just dont see any snake doing or hear about it.

For about a week now everynight at about 9 o'clock Loretta comes out of hiding and watches my every move. I usually am at my desk doing homework or drawing or something, but her head will follow me no matter where i go in the room. She also does this in the mornings while i pace back and forth geting ready for school.

Another thing she did which i think is bizarre is this morning when i woke up she was in her tank hissing really loud. i have no idea why or what she was hissing at but thats what she was doing. I went up to her and she was hiding under her newspaper and had just her head sticking out and when she realized i was there she looked at me then pulled her head under the newspaper, then back out, under the newspaper and then back out, she did it like 6 times until she finally just stayed under.

Any explination? Do any of your snakes have this weird behavior?

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL!
    All my colubrids are in our bedroom and I see them watching me all the time. Some even come to the front of their cages when I approach.

The hissing incident. Most likely something startled her, perhaps a loud alarm clock ringing, a bright light coming on, or possibly a quick unexpected move by you as you were waking up. Once freaked out she was hiding and then looking to see if you had gone away. finally she gave up and decided to stay hidden.

3. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Well the alarm clock incident isnt a possibility as it hadnt gone off yet and then she cant see me from where she is because the first three inches of her tank is plywood. I dunno maybe a noise outside or so did it but i think she was playing

lol o well it was cute all the same

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Randy that's just hysterical !~!!! I think she just wants you to know who's Boss

5. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

That could very well be! and of course she's boss... i clean her house i cook her food i make sure she's warm before i am.... I'm telling you its cuz she's a female.. they have that power.... that power to manipulate men... its a conspiracy!!! REBEL NOW!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.