This Disappears When Logged In

Bites??

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by Ollie, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ollie

Ollie Elite Member

Right now, I would never own a venomous snake, but i have the utmost amount of respect and awe for them. I'm just curious as to if there are any good bite stories out there in venomous snake HC network? I like to hear other people's experiences

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Have you done a search under venomous?

3. Ollie

Ollie Elite Member

I looked for a few stories, you can delete my thread if you want, i was just trying to hear some experiences...or you could point me in the right direction? Sorry if you think i'm ignorant or something :\ never meant to be

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Not implying that at all, just asking :) Dont know if we have any here but I know there are alot on the net.

5. Ollie

Ollie Elite Member

Ohh! I getcha. I was just wondering with this website because I'm on here a lot and have grown familiar with some of the people so it would be interesting haha sorry

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

very few of us actually keep hots.

7. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

well no bite story is good lol. Had many close calls but always play it safe with my hots....especially when working with them in the field, you can never afford to get tagged. I am pretty certain i will get tagged someday, but as of yet...nothing :D thank goodness. One day you will see some post about this dude that got tagged in the face by a black mamba...but not yet...i am too quick :p

in the field most the time i am hours from medical attention...so getting smoked is not an option. Suppose i have been lucky..but plan to keep it that way. Besides... if i died you guys would get no more field reports from me!

8. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Noooooo!

;)

Do you carry any anti-venin with you? Just wondered. I've never been able to go field herping, especially with hots, so I don't know what people commonly take with them.

9. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

no...way to expensive.Also very dangerous to use... Cheaper to not get bitten

10. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

Its always a cheaper option to not get bit, as well as a whole lot less stressful and definitely less deadly

11. The JD

The JD Elite Member

Yeah, I'd think getting bitten by a hot snake would pretty much ruin anyone's weekend...

12. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

I was 17 and stupid. Took a hit from a pigmy rattlesnake on Christmas day 1974. Lost the tip of my right middle finger.

Craig

13. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

ouch... that probably made family happy on christmas haha

14. Ollie

Ollie Elite Member

Fun Christmas!!

15. mike_thalman

mike_thalman Member

I don't know if you have read about this one: I Should Be Dead

A person in GA. received a very bad Timber Rattlesnake bite, pretty good story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.