This Disappears When Logged In

Big Props...

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Vers, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Vers

Vers Elite Member

to Todd over at lightyourreptiles.com. While I have absolutely no affiliation with the site I've got to say they have been an absolute pleasure to do business with. I ordered a t5 HO fixture and a couple Arcadia UVB fluorescent bulbs a month or so ago and just received another fixture/Arcadia bulb combination along with a brand spankin' new Solartech Solarmeter that I ordered a couple days ago. Like my previous order shipping was pretty quick and the packaging was exceptional (I'm pretty sure the contents within the box would survive a four story drop, though I'm not condoning it). After about 15min of unpacking I tried the Solarmeter and found that my PowerSun's were no longer producing effective amounts of UVB (which I suspected). Without the Solarmeter I wouldn't have known this and would have to replace bulbs (at $35-40 a pop) every 6 months on a whim.

I am a huge supporter of people/businesses who strive to produce and or push products that are actually good for the animals we keep, which is why I will continue to recommend lightyourreptiles.com for any and all specific lighting needs. After some correspondence with Todd I've come to find out there is a lot of new and exciting stuff in the works at Arcadia, which should be available some time this year. Needless to say I'm very happy and I'm sure my uros will be as well.

2. aeral

aeral Elite Member

Thanks for the recommendation. It is hard to tell the good from the bad. :)

3. Vers

Vers Elite Member

They are definitely one of the good guys.