This Disappears When Logged In

BIG!! News for Carpet Fans!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by justor, Jul 4, 2013.

1. justor

justor Elite Member

Someone posted a link to this on another forum, and I had to share it here. For those of you who don't understand why this is such a big deal... Until now albino carpets were only known to exist as Darwin's (M. s. variegata), but now we have 100% coastal (M. s. mcdowelli) albinos which has incredible implications for the carpet morph scene. It is now possible to make pure coastal albino jags, albino axanthics (ghosts), and albino caramels (sunglows) whereas before the only way to create such morphs was to integrate coastal carpets with Darwin carpets. This is absolutely HUGE news for carpet fans, especially those who value purity in their bloodlines (like myself). Unfortunately this has happened in Aussieland, which means it will certainly be quite a while before they are available in the states, if they ever are at all lol. But it is still very exciting!

100% mcdowelli

2. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Hey man, everything has to start somewhere! I am completely confident that this will definitely extend to the US eventually.

This is really exciting. I wonder if this is how people felt when the first ball python or corn snake or bearded dragon or leopard gecko morphs came out?! Like the hobby was on the edge of something amazing and then it got pushed into a huge lake of amazing with amazing potential? Amazingly?

3. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

That is big news! And that snake is awesome looking!

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I don't think I could have kept that info quiet for that long. Congrats to him, one small step for him and a giant leap for carpet fans :D

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice. Although with Aussie export laws it is likely to be a Aussie only thing for a looooooong time.

6. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

That's awesome.

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Thanks for posting the link! Pretty cool stuff. More people seem to be getting into carpets. Hopefully we continue to get some cool stuff.