This Disappears When Logged In

Biak Male Out

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by JoeyG, Jul 4, 2013.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Attached Files:

2. justor

justor Elite Member

Awesome! He's got some pretty big eyes doesn't he? I take it since there's no blood in the pics that he behaved well?

Happy 4th by the way!

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am not jealous...I am not jealous...I am not jealous...

Maybe if I repeat it often enough I can convince myself of this...

4. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

It's so cute how he was hiding his head. He's like "nooooo..." haha. Awww

5. JoeyG

Thanks man, as a matter of fact he just shed for me the night before, all went very well :) I was expecting a little more aggression, but once he was out he did well I thought. So no blood fortunately had to be shed :)

Tia you should just take the plunge.... I keep telling you come to the dark side and get a snake ;)

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

When I first read the title I thought "Oh no! Another snake escape!" LOL!

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

I am jealous... I am jealous... I am jealous...

I love the yellow on his head. This is the guy that does not try to eat you right?

8. JoeyG

LOL! If it did my wife would kill me :) Believe it or not even if one got out they would never be able to leave the room. I have even the air vent sealed off so I think for the most part I'm safe......... I think

Thanks man, heck he's just like the puppy.... NOT! He's pretty cool though and really becoming one of my favorites

9. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeesh, he's amazing! I love the patterning on his head. If I ever decide to get into snakes, I know what my first one will be. :)

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I was debating a snake...then tai broke his leg and I got 2 more lizards and as such can't afford it at the moment...

11. JoeyG

No worried they're not going anywhere. You have plenty of time

12. DustinQ

DustinQ Elite Member

Nice! Great looking snake. Do yours tolerate being handled well? The chondro I just took in came with mites so I didn't have the luxury of allowing him to acclimate here. bathed him right away and he's in a plain sterilite tub till i'm done with cleaning He doesn't bite when I hold him but poops a lot. Almost like the musk defense but it doesn't really smell

13. justor

justor Elite Member

Hahaha. That's one of the big differences between pythons and colubrids (aside from the obvious biological differences). A colubrid will musk you when it's unhappy about being handled, a python will just s#!t all over you hahah or perhaps bite your face depending on the individual in question.

14. JoeyG

When I handle the chondros it's more of simply letting them move where they want and not making them feel threatened. Where as the BPs you can do what ever with and they're fine I try not to restrain the chondros as they can get a bit nippy that way. this guy also does require a bit of care since he's tried to bite several times and has come very close :eek: Think it's all their personalities because some are fairly calm. The only time mine have musked has been at the Vet's and also the only person they have bitten of all things :)

A chondros with mites is a sad thing though, that person should be shamed to let a beautiful animal like that get to that point. look forward to seeing some pix!

You know Austin, I think they go for the biting approach more then the s#%%$# approach ;)