This Disappears When Logged In

Best Water Heater for CWD

Discussion in 'Heating' started by lulubelle, Aug 29, 2012.

1. lulubelle

lulubelle Well-Known Member

I have a small 8 gallon preformed pond that I'll be using for my CWD's new enclosure and will need a good water heater for it.

I'd like to see what brand of heater you use for your pools. I've looked at these and so far and still haven't found one that I would feel comfortable with because of some negative reviews:

TetraFauna Aquatic Reptile Heater

Fluval M Submersible Heater

EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater

Marineland Visi-Therm Submersible - (I saw a recall for these, but can't remember the website for it)

Hydor

Rena Smart Heater

Ideally, I'd like to get one that has an adjustable dial and fully submersible. Any suggestions would be great!

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I have a fluval in my turtle pond and a tetra fauna in my toad tank. I used to use the fluval in my CWDs cage but she didn't like it. She would kick it out of her pond so I half buried it and then she refused to go into her pond. So I took it out and let her water be at room temperature with one of her heat lamps kinda over it and now she dives in and out of her pond all day long.

3. lulubelle

lulubelle Well-Known Member

Is it the fluvial M?

I had the tetra fauna years ago when we found a tiny red eared slider and it worked fine, but I saw so many negative reviews on it (maybe they don't make them as good as they used to?) that it scared me away from those.

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I just used a uth...

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Honestly I just went to petsmart and picked the cheapest small heater and it works fine. I don't know if it is the fluval m...

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

The ambient temperature might keep the water warm enough depending on your setup.
    I like Savs idea with the UTH. Keeps everything out of sight.