This Disappears When Logged In

best place to buy online?

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by Fini, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Fini

Fini Member

Got recommendations on where to get a fat tail online? Or any stores that sell them preferably in the southeast?

2. DustinQ

DustinQ Elite Member

I'd suggest waiting for one to come up on craigslist or local herpetology group. But if you can't wait try
    http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/geckos/fat-tail-gecko-for-sale.html
    Or
    http://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/fat-tail-gecko/

I've personally visited underground's retail store and was very impressed with their inventory and cleanliness. Never ordered from them but they have good reviews for that as well. I've ordered from backwater reptiles before and was happy. Maybe it's just me but I feel like getting any living thing online kind of takes the excitement/joy out of selecting it for yourself.

3. Fini

Fini Member

yeah that's true, but i've been looking for months with no luck :( backwater was out last time i checked. i told them to email me when back in stock. ill check out underground. so many places online charge out the rear for these guys... i'm not looking to breed, just a pet. spending $800 on a gecko seems ludicrous to me.

4. AngelicaSpeaks

AngelicaSpeaks New Member

I've had really awesome luck with Ben Siegel's . They have a Facebook page that does auctions and Buy It Nows and regularly has Fat tailed geckos. The auctions are really fun and they post photos of the reptile beforehand so you see exactly which gecko you're getting, not just some general fat tail.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I have dealt with both BSR and Underground, and been to both of their retail stores while on vacation. As long as you understand that neither place breeds much, if anything of their own, and both do a lot of importing of wild caught stuff, they are ok. Have gotten a few of BSR's auctions, and everything went fine. Now I have no personal experience with backwater, but I think they are the ones I have heard a lot of bad stuff about. More bad than good anyway, but again this is really on the level of rumor, so take that for what it is.

6. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Yes I was researching this particular topic pretty recently and found a ton of negative stories about backwater, from sick/DOA to them sending the wrong animal.

I've bought from LLLReptile a couple times without issue, not sure if they have any fat tails currently though.

7. kurijuhateju

kurijuhateju New Member

I purchased an AFT from Gecko Daddy a few months back, and they are great to do business with. They are located in Utah, but they ship within the US, I bought mine from a show. Their website doesn't show everything they have available, but if you give them an email, I'm sure they would help you find exactly what you want, they have normals, and more expensive morphs as well. They are very helpful and want the best for the animals they breed. If you want to look then up their website is www.geckodaddy.com

8. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Reptile shows are great places to find new critters. Much better selection than any single retailer, whether online or not, and usually plenty of young animals of just about any species to choose from. Google reptile shows in your area, even if you have to drive a couple hours it's well worth the trip.

girlieleo likes this.
  9. girlieleo

girlieleo New Member

i asked our local pet store if she can order me one and she did :)