This Disappears When Logged In

BEST INTERACTIVE LIZARDS! [Help Me Out!]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SebastiansExotics, Nov 30, 2014.

1. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

Lets make a list of some of the best interactive and handleable lizards!

-Bearded Dragons
    -Blue Tongue Skink
    -Tegu
    -Chinese Water Dragon

What else can you guys think of?

2. IWantReptiles

IWantReptiles Well-Known Member

Sudan Plated Lizard

3. SebastiansExotics

Hmmm.... Never really paid these guys any thought. Are they really interactive?

I may consider one.

4. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

My old savannah monitor was super interactive. We had an interesting relationship. As a hatchling he wanted to eat me, but as he entered those rough teenage years we reached an understanding - if I agreed to feed him regularly he agreed not to try to eat my hand. Haha. Seriously, he was never "aggressive" in the traditional sense, he just figured anything warm and wiggly would be a solid dinner choice. Great monitor, 100% mutual trust - I hate that phrase "dog tame" because they're not dogs, even a totally tame herp isn't tame the way a dog is. But he was as comfortable around people as any reptile I ever saw.

Wow, I miss that guy.

Kinda hijacked your thread LOL but anyway...I've heard jeweled lacertas get pretty tolerant and they're really cool looking, also they have that predatory behavior in videos I've seen.

5. IWantReptiles

IWantReptiles Well-Known Member

They are very nice. The only real big thing that could be a problem is the tank size. You should keep them in 40 gallon tanks or 20 gallon long tanks. They also like to burrow. Other than that, they are very interactive. They do not really hate to be touched.

Great reptile!

6. ralderfer001

ralderfer001 Active Member

Although an isolated case (since niles are know to quite defensive) my nile monitor was really nice, intellegent, interactave, like a reptillian cat. he was handlable with the exception of his claws. Dang i miss that lizard so much, i couldnt afford to keep him at the time and he needed more then what i could give him. But the person i gave him to is breeding him and so we should have babies in the next few months! Im more prepared this time around. I LOVE NILE MONITORS!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ralderfer001

ralderfer001 Active Member

P.s nile monitors dont make great pets in general

8. SebastiansExotics

I know they do not. But because they usually do not make good pets, when one does (like yours) it is just that much cooler!

9. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Actually, I think niles get a bad rap more due to the poor conditions they are usually kept in and the shoddy taming methods some people still use than anything, but that really just a semi-educated opinion of mine, never having owned one yet.

10. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

That's probably true. They're about the cheapest monitor along with savs so you see a ton of impulse buy niles.

I'd love to try keeping a nile, but I just don't have the space to do it properly.

I feel like they'd be really cool to keep as maybe a 1.2 trio in a bigger enclosure, maybe 5x2 or 6x2. Something you could landscape and really enjoy them, observe them hunting and breeding.

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Leopard Geckos are usually pretty well-adjusted little lizards. Similarly, so are most AFT geckos.