This Disappears When Logged In

Beginner's guide to hot snakes

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by Inphormatika, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I am interested in hots and that is a very intersting page. I put it in my favorites :) Yeah, hots are unfortunately all too available to amateurs. There was a high school kid back in my home town in Bismarck that ordered some hots off the internet. They were eventually confescated and sent to Reptile Gardens though. He had a mamba, cobra, and something else. I don't know what species of mamba or cobra though. I didn't finish reading all the article yet, but that's what I'll do now ;)

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Informative site. I am also interested in hots but everytime I think about how risky it is to those around me I decide against it. I'll just stick with being on NJ's rattlesnake response team.

4. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

I would love to be able to keep hots as well, but then I remember that I can't even keep a gerbil in a cage, let alone a highly poisonous animal that can kill me in about 1/10th of a second.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Great link! Lenny is a member of another forum I frequent and an avid keeper of hots. He makes good points about it. Venomous species have become far too available to the general public and are frequently sold to inexperienced keepers. One of the scariest things I ever heard was the statement from a 16 year old prospective keeper that he was experienced! After all he had had a cornsnake for 6 months!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.