This Disappears When Logged In

Been a While

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Inane, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inane

Inane Member

But Ron (crash_reborn) is back... it's been several years to the best of my knowledge... and I've been through a lot... and lost a lot (all of my animals) :eek: in the bitter end of a turbulent relationship... I'm hoping that some of the folks that have been around for a while will remember me...

I was the one who housed and kept a yellow anaconda for a long while...

It hurt to lose all the animals... but what's done is done...

I'm back on my feet... I'm engaged... we have a 3 year old together (who loves reptiles) (((not mine biologically, but he's mine...:D )))

And I'm very glad to say that we now have a brand new baby girl... who happens to have scales!
    I'm uploading pictures to my photobucket as we speak... and will post with them.

I hope all has been well for folks around here... tty soon.

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Well, at least things are looking up for you.

3. Inane

Inane Member

Thank you - and yes they are

And as promised... meet Bell...
    She's a 2.5 foot burm probed female.

I just got her tonight - and I'm rather elated.. she's beautiful ... I had to show my baby off...

She was obtained off of a private breeder who does reptile shows for children... she's obviously been well taken care of...

I met up with the gentleman and got to see and lay hands on his breeder pair (17 foot fem and 13 foot male) as well as look at his other animals..he has quite the collection and they're all well cared for...

but without any further ado (I'm tired and I promised pics... just had to tell somebody... lil giddy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome back! Things sure have changed around here since you were last around!

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Ooh! she is simply gorgeous! someday I'll have a burmese. Patience.... Patience... they say it's a virtue, I'm beginning to think it's torture.

6. Inane

Inane Member

I waited long and hard for her... and finally found myself in the right place to have her...

her setup depicted is a temp deal..she's on "quarantine" since I'm caring for my friends ball until the 19th.

I've got everything lined up... terrariums and supplies up to 75 gallons AND supplies (wood Plexiglas and linoleum etc etc) held in climate controlled storage to build her the "end game" enclosure which will be 5x5x8 and elevated with lock and key enclosure entrance for the bottom as well as an "emergency door" in the side which will be hinged and padlocked in the Plexiglas.

I used to work IT - now I work in medicine... I'm a cardiac dysrhythmia analysis tech (I watch peoples bum tickers in a CCU (critical care unit) ... due to start school for nursing this coming August.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I refuse to get a Burm until I can devote an entire room to it. I'm not cramming one of those into my little 1 bedroom apartment. wouldn't be fair to the snake.

I figured it was a temp setup. I'd still keep a small burm in a nursery tank until S/he outgrew it. The smaller the snake, the more trouble they can get into.

8. Inane

Inane Member

Well the setup I have specs for should do well enough to hold her unless she pushes upper end growth potential (in which case I buy a little more by way of supplies and rethink my design/plan ink...)

IF I ever get around to getting something to the effects of a Retic or green anaconda (had the yellow - was good times ... and at least per my boy...they don't deserve the rep they get... not to say I never caught a bite, but my boy wasn't hardly anything worth the notoriety they get shafted with.... my old afRock on the other hand...was an ******... but I loved her anyway...)

The setup is designed elevated as for right NOW - I'm planning a small false pond and such to that effect... and the waterworks for that as well as the other notions I have ... all are to be built in underneath...

There's no telling whether my girl will be 14 feet or 20 feet or so... likely somewhere in the middle... but if the build I have thought up is easily expandable..

My grammar is shot tonight - sorry...it's late here and I got work in the AM.. lol...

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome back "Crash"! Glad to see you back around.
    Sorry to hear about all the ups and downs but it evens out!

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Welcome back Crash, it's good to see you back on. Sorry to hear how things were but it looks to me that it's turning out well for you now.

11. venus

venus Founding Member

Welcome back. Has it really been that long!! Welcome to the wonderful world of the medical field, lol. At least you know there are always jobs out there :). Congrats on the new relationship and the little one.

12. Inane

Inane Member

Thank you all :D its good to be back.

13. burmmamma

burmmamma Member

Very pretty girl-looks like she's het granite and possibly albino-do you happen to know. The chaotic pattern looks like granite influence to me.

14. Inane

Inane Member

She's het alb - unsure on gran.:p

15. Inane

Inane Member

i think the granite is in there too but im not sure - i agree on your assumption of patterning. i DO know the parents were a duo of 1 alb and 1 "run of the mill"

16. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Am I missing something? was there a picture? I wanna see (and drool)

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its on the first page of the thread.

18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Oh wow, I must have been having a really blonde moment. I saw those pics. I even commented on them... wow.

19. Inane

Inane Member

i thought u were (this go round) asking for pics of the parent snakes...

i didnt have my cam then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.