This Disappears When Logged In

Bearded Dragons!

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by schmidt1894, Feb 23, 2013.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Hello everybody! Would like to show you some very cool pictures I was able to capture this morning. As I was watching them this morning, I saw Big Momma starting to headbob... then Cola started to arm wave and slowly headbob. I immediately thought they were showing breeding signs. I am aware that headbobing/arm waving is a sign for. I really really want to put them together and breed them, but i'm not sure if they will breed. I don't want them fighting. They did the headbobing/arm waving for a minute, stopped, then a few minutes later repeated it all again. They did it about 3 times total. So, suggestions? I wouldn't mind trying to breed them and see what I could come out with. I would incubate the eggs.

Well here are some pictures! I thought I'd hold them together, since I've never tried to do so.

YcHYXkWl.jpg
    5JE4Wbul.jpg
    4cAHzYBl.jpg
    xCGYgWyl.jpg
    pU0CcX9l.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Are you sure on their gender? Head bobbing is a male trait and arm waving is generally female, though males will do it to a much bigger male.

3. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Yes, I'm aware of their gender. Big Momma is a Female, and Cola is a Male.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So big momma is just way more dominant? I am not sure how that's gonna work.

5. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Always has been more dominant.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Poor cola...always going to be beaten up by his gal...
    They would make some pretty babies though.

7. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Thats why I was thinking about, pretty babies... But, I doubt i'll breed them because i'm leaving for college here in a few months.

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Always after college. How old are they?

9. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

About a year and half? Will be two in september/november

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Probably shouldn't breed momma until she is 3 or so anyways, in order to reduce the stress on her. But that's just my opinion.

11. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

true.. i doubt i'll ever breed them. just a thought.