This Disappears When Logged In

Bearded Dragon Enclosure Build

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by rmzsuzuki89, Feb 28, 2010.

1. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

Lol thanks, it's really not that hard.

I see this as a good training experience for building my tegu enclosure, since it will be a ton bigger lol.

2. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

It's done lol.

1tom6d.jpg

10narlw.jpg

2ajs31g.jpg

rs62aa.jpg

Attached Files:

3. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

11uetr7.jpg

2h38uc0.jpg

2qk8k11.jpg

oh8ig9.jpg

2e3ahjp.jpg

Attached Files:

4. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

Lil bit of posing.

Callisto
    2hdsm6e.jpg

Ganymede
    1o67wy.jpg

Callisto again
    j673oj.jpg

Beardies sleep in the weirdest positions lol, here's Ganymede.
    2z70vwj.jpg

Where it sits. Sorry, my room's a lil messy, had to move a lot around to get it in lol.
    24diqvb.jpg

They'll only be housed together until I finish the second enclosure. I'll be starting on that tomorrow most likely...I'm also gonna get some more sticks/branches/logs and rocks for them, it seems a lil empty in there. Also gonna build a lil sandbox so they can still dig, and make some bigger hides.

Attached Files:

5. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

Pretty cool, Its so Bearded dragon moves into Suburbia haha. Also by the looks of things I would say you have built a sub box or two in your past?

Also little change of subject but I just noticed the two sport bikes in the background of the first picture. Blue SV650 suzuki? and maybe a R6 with a high mount behind it? Just guessin haha. Ive rode for a few years myself.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ok guys if you want to discuss bikes please take it to PMs.

7. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

Sorry about that.

Second enclosure build starting tomorrow.:)

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not a problem.;) We do tend to wander off at times.

9. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

This is quite true lol.

Are there any modifications I should make to the enclosure for my other dragon? I was almost thinking about cutting a whole for the heat lamp to shine down through. But my gradient is actually quite good the way that it is now, so I'm gonna leave that be.

On another note about their behavior in the new enclosure. My beardies absolutely love their free roaming time, and getting out and sitting on my lap or shoulder when I'm on the computer, playing mw2, or watching tv. With them being closer to the ground, I think they are wanting to free roam more because they occasionally come to the glass and just look out a lil lol. Not just look from the basking spot, but actually crawl down, come to the glass, and look at me. Beint spoiled as they are, they only have to look at me for a couple minutes, then they know I'll break and let them out lol.

10. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

The frame for the second one is almost done. Got all of the cuts done and would have finished, but we ran outa 3" screws for the 2x4's. Well we have three left, but need thirteen more lol.

11. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

I ran outa 1x2's! Could have swore I had enough around too. Oh well, trip to Menards tomorrow for more wood. My girl friend is goin to kill me with all the spiratic buying of materials lately lol.

12. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

Haha I know how you feel. I've spent a ton lately, mostly on ca lol.

But I did pick up 3" deck screws today, so back to building tomorrow.

13. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

Great enclosures. If you are looking for what works for others I can tell you what I did. I prefer sliding glass doors in the front. They just seem easier. Also for the incandescent bulb I drill a hole through the back and mount a socket in it. This gives your basking spot and no problems with stacking. My enclosures are also insulated. I use a 3/4 plywood box with ferring strips on the inside. I insulate it and cover the insulation with tile board. You mentioned a product called drylock. What is it? I am guessing it is what you covered the box with and I like the way it looks. Once again great job it looks very professional.
    Gary

14. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

Got this done a while ago and just got around to taking and posting pics.

I couldn't for the life of me find any gray, so I just went for the white. Also did the hinges a lil differently and I think I like it more.

Both:
    14v75aq.jpg

Top:
    Still gotta go get another half log. And maybe a couple bigger hides for both of them.
    2s1q4ad.jpg

2z7pcup.jpg

Bottom:
    3090ys2.jpg

1zn4krc.jpg

Attached Files:

15. rmzsuzuki89

rmzsuzuki89 Elite Member

The Drylock is a masonry sealer, it works quite well for enclosures though. I wasn't too sure what to seal the wood with, and someone on tegutalk recommend it and it works great. Low odor when wet and none once it airs out for about a week. I like the texture as well.