This Disappears When Logged In

Bashir

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Apr 30, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm more and more convinced Bashir is a female: She practically never moves and can hold 5-6 mice before defecating. Well, I stop feeding her after 5 or 6 weeks, then take her out and make her move around, or swim in a bit of water till her bowels move.
    She finally shed and pooped.
    She's the biggest baby we have left: just shy of 200g! (Now we just need a buyer for her and Ziyal!!)

402338652.jpg

402338655.jpg

All the babies are doing great. Sorry I've been so scarce lately: there was a (distant) death in the family -- no condolences required. But I still had to take care of some stuff related to that.

On Thursday I'm flying to LA (Glendale) for 3 weeks of dog- and house-sitting! so unless I see some herps, I won't be posting till the end of May.

Thanks for looking!
    Andrea

Attached Files:

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I love her eyes! What a beautiful girl. If only there was not an ocean between us!!

3. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Amazing pictures, Look at that face!!!!!!!!

4. BlackJack

Thanks! :)

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

She's a beauty!

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She is looking great! That is a long time to hold it in, girls are funny

Have fun dog/house sitting, enjoy the hot tub and nice warm weather. :)

7. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

I hope my little one turns out as good looking as Bashir, Bashir is a pretty one, Thanks for the pics

8. Jeninpa76

Jeninpa76 Elite Member

What does not pooping as often have to do with having a female? I ask because my snake doesn't go very often either! When it does it looks like a cat took a **** in it's tank,lol. I really wanted a male BP since they are smaller so I hope it's a male :(

9. BlackJack

I'm not sure what the connection is or if it is also true for othe pythons, but we have 4 adult males and 2 adult female GTPs and the males usually defecate at least once for every two feedings... the girls hold it in till I fear they are going to explode.
    And then it looks like a labrador used their tank as a toilet!!
    Also the males tend to fast on a regular basis; whereas I've never had a female refuse food (except when gravid).

10. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Again, I know it's old, but I thought this might be helpful. I have a female IJ carpet python and eats like 3-4 times before defecates and then it looks like the cat used her cage as litter box.

11. BlackJack

Here is the newest pic of Bashir (Martin took some while I was in California)
    402779894.jpg

Here you can get an idea of how big she's getting:
    402780146.jpg

Attached Files:

12. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, she is growing up so fast! :)