This Disappears When Logged In

Ball python!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Katerd, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Katerd

Katerd New Member

Hey everyone!
    I hate to have to even consider this, but I need to have a back up plan. I have a female ball python, she is as cuddly as a teddy bear and I love her dearly! I moved into my new apartment and was informed that I can not keep her (I was told before hand I could). I am working with them to see if they will make an exception but I will not know for a few days because they have to speak with management. I live in Clarksville Tennessee and if I am unable to keep her I will be looking for someone to take her. I have all of her equipment, there will be no fee. I just want to ensure she goes to a good home, reason I decided to post here and not craigslist. Like I said above, this is just a safety net for if I am unable to keep her. I am hoping all works out and I can keep her. If anyone knows of anyone who might be willing to take her I would love to hear from them. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though! Thanks everyone!

Kate

2. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Good luck either way!

I am in Kingston, Jamaica in the Caribbean.

3. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow New Member

I would love to take her but I live in Wisconsin

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Been there myself a long time ago. When you were told you could keep it, did you get it in writing, and is there anything in the lease about what pets are allowed and which aren't? You kind of only have 3 options here; rehome your snake, come to some sort of agreement with the owners, or be prepared to move, which I know usually isn't an option. Remember, when your talking to them, be polite at all times. Also, know your rights, and by that I mean look into all the local ordinances pertaining to rentals in your area, read your lease agreement very carefully, and so on. And get everything in writing. That way when they change thier mind, you can hold it against them. Also, find out why they don't want to allow your snake. A lot of times it's just ignorance. Many people just hear the word "python" and automatically think giant maneater. Be prepared to explain that your snake does not get big, and to show you have secure caging. And be prepared to answer even the most ignorant questions politely. Hope some of this helps, I'm too far away to be able to take your snake easily.

5. Midwestern Mama

Midwestern Mama New Member

Oh thats sad =(. I hope you get to keep her. I am nowhere close or I would help out. Good luck!

6. SnakesNCakes

SnakesNCakes Established Member

Me too!