This Disappears When Logged In

Ball Python Help

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by michy21, Sep 5, 2015.

1. michy21

michy21 Active Member

OK guys so I've had my BP for about about a month now give or take a week, and he's been OK but now he's soaking in his water bowl and doesn't ever really leave it... the temperature is 80 degrees and the humidity is at 60 percent. I'm really worried that I'm doing something wrong, please help

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

How are you measuring the temperature? Are those the air temperatures or surface?
    What is it housed in?

3. michy21

michy21 Active Member

20 gallon tank hygrometer probe to measure air humidity and thermometer probe less than an inch from the bottom, I have an uth and a heat lamp because my room tends to get cold... I sprayed down the tank this morning to keep the humidity up. Not sure if he's going to shed or not... one of his eyes is cloudy almost like grayish. Ive attached 2 pictures the quality is bad. I can't get a good picture, he moves around way to get a good picture so I'm sorry for the quality...

Attached Files:

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, the temp around the basking site needs to be approx 32c (90f).
    You`ll lose some heat and a good deal of humidity with the part screen top, it needs to be covered as much as possible.
    I think the snake may well be getting ready to shed it`s skin.

5. michy21

michy21 Active Member

I have about 75 percent of the screen covered with cardboard the I cut to fit the top. Any suggestions on how to raise the temperature? I'll post another picture of the top soon

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

What type and wattage of heat bulb is it and what temp is the thermostat set at?