This Disappears When Logged In

Ball Python Help

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by ferasaeva, May 28, 2015.

1. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

My ball python hadn't been eating for a little bit, then yesterday I had him outside and he relieved himself. It wasn't much, but I was very surprised since after his last meal he had relieved himself plenty. Is this normal? Could he have been constipated and that had caused him to not be eating?

His setup agrees with everything in the care sheet and everyone (experienced reptile keepers) that I've asked about it have said that him stopping eating for a little while is normal for a ball python of his age (3 years, I've had him quite a few months now), but you guys always help out so I wanted your opinions :).

I'll post details of his setup and temps as soon as I find some more time.

- a worried pet parent

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I have 30+ ball pythons, and nothing you said sounds at all out of the ordinary to me. A picture along with those details might help us find any issues. I have several still off from the breeding season ( most of mine went really late this year for some reason), and a couple that just decided to eat after almost 6 months.

arojas7112 likes this.
  3. Horrorphile

Horrorphile Active Member

Same here, my ball python has gone off food from 4-6 months at the same time every year. He still passes urates as he is still drinking during that time.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And even though he hadn't eaten...his body would still be processing what he had previously. It isn't a case of in one end and immediately out the other.
    As stated BP's are notorious for going off feed in the winter. My male would stop feeding about the first of November and refused anything until March or April.

5. Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy Member

My older female ball python didn't eat for almost a year, worried the crap out of me. She didn't even lose that much weight. Now she is a super aggressive feeder, and hasn't refused a meal since.