This Disappears When Logged In

Backwater Reptiles?

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by MyImmortalWolf, Jul 13, 2014.

1. MyImmortalWolf

MyImmortalWolf Elite Member

I was trying to order some feeder insects off Backwater Reptiles for my Beardie, but it won't let me add anything to my cart. Has anyone else had this problem? (I do live in the US, so that's not it.) And if you did, how'd you fix it? I emailed the support guys but that was quite a while ago and they haven't responded yet.

2. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Never ordered from that crappy place. What kind of feeders are you looking for? May be able to recommend you t someone else.

3. MyImmortalWolf

Crickets and superworms mostly.

4. Poison

Poison Elite Member

5. MyImmortalWolf

Thanks. My beardie (who is currently sitting on my head... is it weird that I consider that normal?) has recently discovered that he loves superworms. XD Subsequently, I'm trying to find somewhere to buy them in bulk.

6. Poison

Poison Elite Member

7. MyImmortalWolf

That's perfect! Thanks!
    Just out of curiosity, why did you say Backwater Reptiles was crappy? They've gotten a lot of good reviews on various sites.

8. Poison

Poison Elite Member

What site were you looking on?

They are brokers, They don't carry the animals on site. You order the animal through the website and they tell their dealers to send it to you. That really isn't the bad part though and there are plenty of others who do this as well but its the poor costumer service and the sending of the wrong and sick animals that makes them crappy.

FaunaClassifieds

9. MyImmortalWolf

Ah, okay. I was only interested in feeder insects from them, but I see your point.

The Rainbow Mealworms site is pretty cheap, and seems like it's decent quality. Thorn's going to be one happy lizard.

10. MyImmortalWolf

The superworms and crickets I got from Rainbow Mealworms were definitely a good choice. Most of the crickets and all of the superworms were alive when they got here, and Thorn loves them. Thanks Poison.

11. conic92

conic92 Member

On the Backwater Reptile note, I ordered a Fat Tail from to only receive a Flying Gecko instead and it took forever to get a hold of customer service i had to provide pictures and proof. They resent with no charge but really to send a completely wrong gecko and then take a day to get back to me when i did not have the right supplies for what they sent. Very big blunder.

12. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

Rainbow mealworms are awesome. Ive ordered hornworms from there and there was only one dead and there were a lot of extras in each cup, and were all different sizes so I could start feeding right away. I was VERY pleased. I will be ordering from them again shortly. They are nice people and have amazing customer service. :)