This Disappears When Logged In

Back from the Expo with a New Snake!

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by alicia123, Feb 12, 2011.

1. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

I went to the reptile expo today and picked up this little girl!

snalala.png

She is a Dumerils Boa and she is about 7 months old. The only problem is that the breeder i got her from said he feeds them live mice, so I will be switching her over to f/t right away. Right now she is just getting adjusted to her new home, and I will take some more pictures when she gets settled in. :)

Attached Files:

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Very pretty. :) Nice patterns.

3. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

Thanks, yeah she has beautiful patterns and colors, I saw her and just couldn't resist haha

4. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Oh! I saw her! So glad she is getting a great home!! She is gorgeous! I picked something up as well, but I'll post about it when she is a little more settled in ;)

5. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

oh cool!:) Can't wait to see what it is!

6. KristenNC

KristenNC Elite Member

Thanks for sharing. I love the markings

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She is just gorgeous, love her colourings! Thanks for sharing!
    Congratulations on the new baby girl:)

8. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

thaaanks! :)

9. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on your new addition. Se has Beautiful markings!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing the quick pic, and feel free to post some more once she is settled into her new home:)

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice looking little Dum! I have been considering one myself! Was this the NARBC show?

11. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

Thanks, yes it was

12. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

13. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Your little Dumerils is absolutely gorgeous! I love these snakes. Congrats!

14. SRT80

SRT80 Well-Known Member

I'm more into corn snakes and hognoses. But I really like the Dumerils boa.

I have 2. A 7 ft. female and just recently got a male thats around 33". Both of mine eat frozen/thawed.

female
    dumerils2.jpg

male
    maledums.jpg

Steve

Attached Files:

15. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

oooh awesome looking snakes, very pretty! I can't wait until my girl gets to be that size. Thanks for the pics!

16. SRT80

SRT80 Well-Known Member

No problem. Yea she's a hoss. That's my baby girl....haha. I have had her since 2005.

Steve

17. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

How big is the enclosure you keep yours in? I am planning on building an enclosure that is about 6 ft long, 3 ft wide, and 2 ft tall. Would you say that is a good size?

18. SRT80

SRT80 Well-Known Member

My female is in a 4'x2'x31" glass enclosure and she seems to have plenty of room. She can coil up on the warm side or cool side or stretch out. I'm planning on selling this. Would probably be nice for a smaller iguana or bearded dragons.

I actually just ordered her a 4'x2'x12" plastic cage with hinged front doors and a radiant heat panel. They are ground boas and don't need the height. I would say a full grown adult should be fine in a 6'x3' enclosure if you have the room. I have 14 snakes. So with the racks and other cages, All I have room for is a 4'x2'.

But here she is in her iris tub. I just put her in there when I have to clean her cage. It's roughly 48" long and like 17" wide...bottom measurements.

dumerilstub1.jpg

She was in shed in this picture. I was thinkin' about makin' a 2 tub rack with these tubs but I felt like she was a little cramped.

dum1.jpg

They say the females are usually bigger than the males. So if I come up with the extra space, I might order a 6'x2'x12" enclosure and move her to it and let my male have the 4'x2'x12" when he gets bigger. Cause the 4' enclosure could sit on top of the 6'. one.

Steve

Attached Files:

19. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

Yeah I have a 6x3 tegu enclosure and I was just planning on buinding one the same size and putting it under that.