This Disappears When Logged In

Babys First Shed!!!

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by Joy81, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

So my little baby Garter is still doing really well. It has been eating about 4 baby guppies at a time, and last night she shed!!! It was a complete shed in one piece, but there was a knot tied in it, lol:D I had no idea this was possible. Have any of you had weird sheds? just curious.

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Every once in a while I come across a shed that seem to have a knot. I assume it is from the snake twisting or rolling over while the shed takes place. My 5 boas shed on a regular basis and I have actually yet to see them. Most likely they shed late at night when I'm asleep.

3. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Only once have I ever seen a shed take place. My big Garter Flash shed in the morning when we were all getting the kids ready to head out the door. Talk about a show stopper! We all had to watch for a bit, it was very cool, she reminded me of a lady slipping off her stocking:)

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

My snakes usually poop immediately after shedding. one of them managed to poop IN the shed. The shed was one flawless piece with a turd in it. Does that qualify for weird?

5. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Yes that is definitely weird. LOL:D

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Was there supposed to be a picture of the shed in the first post?

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Poop in a shed ? that's a new one !!!!

8. Merlin

Not really. I have had mine do it on a number of ocassions, both Ball python and boas.

9. SweetDragonlady

SweetDragonlady Elite Member

So I wasn't the only one who didn't see a pic? Good I thought maybe my little offline glitches where spreading... That would have meant a bigger problem than I already believe I have and that one is big enough! :( ... Its called ancient technology!:p

10. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

nope, sorry Im not very computer savvy, and I didn't see my mistake till I'd posted the page, sorry!

11. Merlin

It will be taken care of!;)

12. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Thanks Merlin! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.