This Disappears When Logged In

Baby Sulcata Pictures.

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by Thalatte, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

When I first received these two they where small enough to fit on the top of a soda can, now at a year old the smallest one is as big as my palm.
    This is Teegers and is the larger of the two. I will post pics of Maynard later after I clean out their cage.
    012.jpg
    013.jpg
    014.jpg
    015.jpg

2. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

B.E.A-utiful not many people who buy them really young make it to be that big but then again the usual cause would be inexperience and lack of research

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yeah I got mine from an idiot that took in almost two entire hatches and kept them in a Tupperware. He called asking why he had such a high death rate in the hatchlings...I rescued the remaining 9 and only 5 made it. I gave 3 to a sanctuary and kept the sicker ones. They are healthy and slowly getting used to people...well they don't urinate as soon as I pick them up now.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

ok so it is a little later than I had stated but here is Maynard
    002.jpg 003.jpg
    Here is a photo of them both (ignore the mess, I clean it everyday but they make a mess as soon as food is put in.)
    Teegers is the larger, lighter one and Maynard the smaller darker one.
    028.jpg

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

ok that explanation doesn't help...Maynard is in the corner.

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Cute little guys!

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

They are cute! :)

8. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

You are amasing. love it :D

9. Genko

Genko Elite Member

They are so cute! If only I had the space.... I love those guys.:)

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yeah haven't quite figured out where to put them full grown...I live in a condo with a backyard that is 220 sq.ft. And that houses a desert tortoise so hopefully by the time they are full size I will be in the house(great granda is livig in it right now)or living in a house somewhere atleast.

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

No I am far from amazing...awesome yes, amazing no.