This Disappears When Logged In

Baby Razorback Musk Turtle Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Adam stires, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Adam stires

Adam stires New Member

Hello, yesterday I purchased 2 baby razorack musk turtles at the hamburg, PA reptile expo and I dont know if my enclosure is set up right for them.I have large river stone at the bottom of the tank an inch and a half of water with a small basking area which is heated by a uvb light I also have some plants on there side si the can crawl in too. The problem is, is they want to bury themselves. Is this normal? Also the water temp is 78F. I still have to get a filter. Please help and thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20150802_111558.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

From what I've read, the water temp is fine. What is the basking site's temperatures? I think mid 80's to low 90's is fine. The water depth sounds good if the turtles are in inch long or less (I think it should be 1 and a half times deeper than the turtle's length). How big is the tank?

Anyway, all this is from stuff I read on the internet, and if you have access to this site you will certainly be able to get to all the razorback must turtle care sheets.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Having never kept this species before, your setup sounds OK, but I would look around and search for as many care sheets as you can find. I don't really know the habits of this species,but if they are trying to hide you may need to put in more cover, and just give them time to calm down and acclimate.