This Disappears When Logged In

Baby Progress

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by JoeyG, Feb 4, 2014.

1. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

They are doing great, I've learn a lot over the past few years, These guys are so worth our hard work and blood sweat and tears, You have the magic touch getting that Aru ti turn green so fast

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Lol! I have another that's green and still young. The siblings are all still barely starting... maybe it's the feeders lol! I do have a pair together finally as well. Not going well but I guess first time around I figured it would be trying. They really are so worth it despite all the obstacles. Glad you stuck with it bro!

3. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

I hear this about GTP's so often but I have handled well over a dozen and all were extremely docile and just a tad jumpy/touchy. Perhaps I just got lucky and held an exceptional group of GTP's but I've never seen a mean or 'bitey' GTP. It almost makes me want to get a few so I can study them for myself because so far I haven't had any bad experiences with them :)

4. JoeyG

Once they're out they're okay. Just a bit more reaction to fast movement. I've had several of mine come after me before:) my adult female latched on to a vet that thought she knew what she was doing. Took her and her assistant to pry my girl off. So they are a little more to watch but I've handled all of mine and have not been bitten by them yet... I give it some time ;)

5. EriksExotics

I took the majority out of their enclosures and I agree that they were pretty sensitive to fast movement but not snappy or anything. They definitely are not as receptive to handling as say a Ball Python or a Boa Constrictor Imperator but they also didn't seem defensive or anything like that

6. JoeyG

During the day most can almost be easy because they just want to sleep. I would say it's like having a dog's dog, ok with the right person but can be more then some can handle. Still the most beautiful to me and not as timid as emeralds can be.

7. EriksExotics

I've held one Emerald as well. I'm not sure if I plan on doing so again anytime soon lol ;)

I'd love to eventually own a few GTPs because they've been one of my absolute favorites since I've gotten into the hobby. I'll have until at least 2015 before I do that, though. I have a lot of expenses and money that I need to put towards my Boa Constrictors first since I'm breeding them. That and I have enough on my plate with 11 snakes + expecting a litter so it's just going to have to wait for a bit. Awesome pictures and thanks for the info, Joey!