This Disappears When Logged In

Baby Progress

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by JoeyG, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I wanted to post an update on my baby Aru. It's gone green sooner then I expected and it's still pretty small so it was a little surprising since the siblings have barely started. Can't wait to see how bright it gets once it's totally done! Lighting sucks since I can't take them outside and I hardly get sun in there at this time of the year, but I'll see if I can get some better ones by the weekend. Camera flash washes out the color

Before

11488281254_ddd357dd7c.jpg
    IMG_6738

Current one taken today! Just shed too :x

12310713225_e0722dab9a.jpg
    IMG_6865

2. trappen

trappen Elite Member

Awesome looking... Getting to really like the greentrees... wife might hate me come May!

3. JoeyG

LOL! Mine I think just gave up on me :-" Got eight and 4 BPs. Waiting for the summer till anything else is even brought up though >:)

4. trappen

trappen Elite Member

I have to wait til May and use my B-day as an excuse (hopefully) ;|(|

5. JoeyG

Good luck with that! How hard are they to get in Japan?

6. trappen

trappen Elite Member

Green tree? Not sure will have to look into how and where to get one. Balls and boas are readily avail. Even have some interesting morphs of balls here too. I am more concerned with housing for a green tree.

7. JoeyG

Housing is easy if you get everything ready first. Get something that will hold humidity extremely well and you'll be ahead of the game.

8. trappen

trappen Elite Member

Yeah that will probably be a custom that I build. Might do a combo upper lower with my ball in the lower. How do you find the green temperment compared to your ball?

9. JoeyG

Temper is more to be weary of. As long as you can handle a snake and have patience it's fine. Try not to mess with them at night though ;|(| I find unlike BPs they don't seem to snap out of hunting mode too well. Like anything else is depends on the individual and locality a bit. Some are very calm and others seem to have "spirit". I hear people saying both extremes but depends who you get. Since I don't handle mine more then I have too they are fairly chilled since they're not bothered often, other then cage maintenance. I would say they're a more jumpy snake and will bite more readily then a Ball.

10. trappen

trappen Elite Member

I have read that about them. will probably take a bit more explaining to the wife. Size wise about the same though correct?

11. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Goddarn joe... looking awesome like always. I swear, someday soon I will have a whole pile of these guys....

12. trappen

trappen Elite Member

found this guy close by for 1600$
    green.jpg

13. trappen

trappen Elite Member

and this guy for 6,500$

bluegreen.jpg

14. JoeyG

Size wise they are maybe the same length but thinner. As to the prices I would say a bit more then what I would like to pay, 1000 is my limit. After purchase price you have to add all the stuff for proper set up and it can add up too.... well for me anyway. Wife would kill me! Lol

15. trappen

trappen Elite Member

found some others for 2-600 range but those 2 are just gorgeous ... even the wife was like.... hrmmmm

16. JoeyG

Have you visited mvf forum? They have some awesome animals, even just to look at. I have some young ones and couple decent ones but I'd like to produce my own. Have the genes but not the experience to get it done. Pairing this weekend finally. Its been a tough season.

17. trappen

trappen Elite Member

no not yet was just looking around locally and found those... we are gonna head to the shop this weekend. She says we are going without our wallets though hahahah

18. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

WOW Joey looking good!!!

19. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm liking Arus every day more and more, There is an Expo here this weekend, I might just come back with one LOL

20. JoeyG

Thanks bro! How are yours doing?