This Disappears When Logged In

Baby not eating

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Inphormatika, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

I bought 2 new snakes a week and a half ago. The female ate a few days ago, but the male hasn't yet. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since he ate. I've tried f/t, live, brained, putting him in a small container with it and leaving him alone, rubbing his head/body, tapping, holding it by the tail in front of him, everything I can think of, and he's still not eating. He was feeding on unscented before I got him (I trust the guy I bought them from).... should I be worried?

He'll sniff it, poke it with his nose, even pick it up and move it if it's in his way, he just won't eat it.

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

a week and 1/2 ago,,,,,he might still be adjusting to his new surroundings. was he fed prior to you getting him ?? and what was he feeding on ?

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I agree with Ken, give him a little longer. And if you want to try something else...
    This is going to sound a little strange but I spoke to a breeder last week who swears by Tuna packed in water. Just use the water to scent the pinky.

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Jay,,,,I never heard of that,,,,,I've read where you rub a lizard on a mouse for certain juvelines to learn to eat rodents but tuna water ???? cool !!!! whatever works I guess

5. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I was talking to a guy who breeds western hognoses, and I told him about Miss Piggy, he said whenever he gets a non-feeder it has always worked. I haven't tried it yet since Queen Swynella has eaten 3 pinks in the last 2 weeks. (wooo-hooo)

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great for Queen S,,,,,and a whooooo to you !!!!

7. Lord_Jason

Lord_Jason Active Member

Personal experience here speaking.

When I got the pair of baby retics that I got, my female didnt eat for 4 weeks. but when they get hungry enough, babies always eat. trust me.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.