This Disappears When Logged In

Babies all over the place!!

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Jem_Scout, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Well the first litter of rats is 2 weeks old tomorrow. VERY cute too. They are a darker tan/light brown on their butts and their heads are a real light tan. Two of them have a light tan head, a white body with a set of black spots down their backs! Anyone want a pet? LOL
    Anyhow... 2 mommas popped babies yesterday. 14 in one litter and 10+ in the other (that momma was kind of skittish so I let her be). Two more should be popping babies soon, REAL soon!
    I have mommas and babies all over the place!
    The boys are set up like this:
    Captain mac is alone (and spoiled) ;) He's not gaining weight as fast as I would like but at least he's eating and healing just fine.
    The other 3 boys are in a 30L and getting along amazingly well.
    I think I need to eat more food from boxes...the mommas are ripping things all over the place to make nests :p
    Not one momma ate any babies and I got to watch 8 of them being born yesterday!
    That's the update :)

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Seems like you've been pretty busy lately keeping an eye on all those little ones,,,,,congrats and good luck

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Whew, been there and done that. Those things drove me crazy. Had to hurry up and feed them all to the snakes. :p

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'm doing it this way Venus:
    The mommas will raise up the babies to the sizes we need for the snakes, freeze the babies, then they will get a break while we feed off all the babies and then start all over again :p
    In other words, I'm trying to time out the litters but I haven't quite figured it out yet! LOL I'll figure it out though ;)

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Hey, send some ratties my way! No, don't, I don't need any more :p Hey, if the moms are wanting nest material, paper towels work good, as do the tubes they come on, but toilet paper isn't very good. Since I down a 12 pack of mountain dew in a day, I use those boxes for the rats and mice. Makes cleaning easier too cause I just throw them away and replace them.

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Good Idea!! Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.