This Disappears When Logged In

Auction for 73" X 26.5" X 25.5" tank on ebay....

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Draco Minor, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draco Minor

Draco Minor Member

The Auction

Relevant passages:

"It currently houses 1 Iguana, 1 Golden Gecko, 1 Large Tiger Salamander, 1 Blue Tailed Skink, Several Anoles, 2 Common Pond Frogs, 2 Gourami Fish, 1 Fantail Goldfish, and 1 Algae Eater."

and with all that in it...

"The nice thing about using real dirt and plants is that the reptile waste is absorbed into the dirt and becomes fertilizer for the plants so there is no cleaning needed!" Hmmm.

"The Reptiles, Fish, and Amphibians named above ARE NOT included in this auction, REPEAT you are not bidding on the creatures, you are only bidding on the cage and accessories listed. However if you purchase the cage you can have them if you want them, I have no place to keep them without the cage and I do not want to destroy them."

I don't get people.....

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I don't get people either! So if someone buys this enclosure, what did this kid intend on doing with the reptiles since they will no longer have a home?

3. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

It's obviously someone who did on an impulse. The tank doesn't even look a month old and all of the animals look young as well. There's just too many things wrong with that ad...

4. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

I guess he's just not allowed to sell animals on EBay, so this is his way of getting around it...

What in the world is he thinking, with all those animals in there?

5. Paige

Paige Elite Member

crazy! Those poor animals =(

6. wowwww... that's a really nice setup... wish i had the dough for it
    i hope those animals find a better home though!

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

We'll see if he responds to me. I tried to be nice and tell him to read some caresheets before buying any more reptiles.

8. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

He told me the tank is huge and there is more than enough room for all those species. Also that all their care requirements are met and the've been in there for a year with no problems. Hmmm some people.

9. BRIZZY

BRIZZY Banned User

That's just out of hand!! I don't understand people either. They just have a different perspective on things i guess!

10. Gregory Black

Gregory Black Active Member

umm the auction is over but i thought you were never able to house the different animals together is this true?

11. venus

venus Founding Member

It is best not to house reptiles of different species due to the different husbandry requirments. But some people choose not to listen to great advice.

12. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

There are very few you can house together, those in the auction. no. lol some people.

13. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Seems he just went window shopping at the pet store.. "gimme one of these, one of that, two or three of these..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.