This Disappears When Logged In

Attitude Problem

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Ipanda, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcftlaud08

kcftlaud08 Elite Member

Wow, Ipanda, I am impressed. Honestly, when :( if I get bit, it will take me more than a few days to feel comfortable again. That's not to say that I would of get rid of Roxy, it's just to say that I'd be scared as **** for a week or so. Hey, that's my human side. Lizardgal06 had touched on this issue, but I have nothing to lose on this site so I'll just throw it out to the experts.......can/will/may a snake act differently, perhaps more aggressive, if their handler is in menses? I am not saying that was a factor. I am a firm believer in TMI, but I've wanted to know anyway. Have you started with the training and if so, how is it going?

2. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

We started with the training, she is still a pain in my hand (hahaha), but we managed to give Bell a bath without getting bit (YAY!) I wasnt on my monthly when I got bit... But the iguana we have been rehabing seems to know when I am, and is more than eager to try and mate with me (its the only time he likes me lol) I do want to look into that with the snakes more.... Ms Bell is of breeding age now, and she could know I am fertile.... Humm got my brain tickin on that one.... If I can find anything about it, Ill start a new post under Burms for it....

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Iguanas are well known to react to a female's cycle.
    I have never heard of a snake reacting to it.

4. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I have also never heard of snakes reacting to female cycles. I did warn you though with the iguana. Right now my house is full of males who just LOOOOOVE me, lol. My girls just LOVE my hubby at the moment and hate me, lol.

As far as the snake. I have two who are constant strikers and biters. Wing is my worst. We have talked about this though on the phone. I am convinced that it is just me. Wing and Prayer hate me. However they do not act like that to anyone else. I cannot count the times Wing has actually tagged me, it is just to much, lol. However I am the one who did all the shots and the force feeding and the rehab. They know,, lol. They associate me with pain. I think snakes are smarter than we give them credit for!

I am glad to hear that you upped her food. From the last time I saw her she is ready for bigger prey! Work through it, eventually it will pay off ,in about 3 years, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.