This Disappears When Logged In

ATB Enclosure Complete....Almost!

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by MoskiWoski, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Alright, this is the intended enclosure for my baby Amazon Tree Boa, who will hopefully be here next week. Her starter enclosure, anyway. If anyone has any suggestions or advise, feel free to lay it down. I still have a week to pick it up and make any adjustments.

I don't know if any of you saw the Silicone II thread I just posted a couple hours ago, but that's what I used to adhere the branch holders to the glass and hold the foliage into the base I made. So....yeah..... Almost done. I have to cut all that stuff off, and replace it with this DAP Aquarium Silicone I just bought. It's about to get real fun over here, so if anyone is bored.....Ha!

Thanks everyone.

Attached Files:

2. Tired

Tired Elite Member

Wow! Gorgeous enclosure! May I ask where you got your hawaiian-ish looking foliage from?

3. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thanks. The grass and those red flowers if got out of a pre-made little basket type thing I found at Goodwill for $4.00. It was huge. There's a lot that I couldn't fit into the cage that I'll use on her bigger enclosure. The yellow and blue flowers I found at a Deals store (a little dollar store type thing) for $1.00 each. I went to Hobby Lobby and their prices blew my wig back!! And pet stores are definitely out!! So I went on a little mission to find some cheap foliage. Goodwill and a dollar store, $6.00, now I have a trash bag full of plants, vines, flowers, etc. A little bleach water, rinse and dry. Done deal. Lol.

4. uncertainsky

uncertainsky Elite Member

I did that with my BRB enclosure. Its amazing what you'll find at the dollar store, they even had 6' long bamboo sticks for $1!

5. Tired

Tired Elite Member

Nice! This whole summer I'm scouring Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, and now the Dollar store for materials to add to my custom Iguana enclosure. :)

6. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Yeah, it helps when you're not in a huge hurry. If you need it, you need it, and you'll pay for it. But if you think and plan ahead, you can save a lot of money overall. I'm already buying hardware, wood, glass, things like that, for when I start to build this bigger enclosure. I find stuff on sale and just tell myself that I'll need it eventually, might as well buy it while it's cheap.

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I have a whole drawer full of thermostats and hygrometers, 2 temp guns, more heat panels, fake plants, UTH, and sorts of things I see on sale... for future use I tell myself :)

8. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thats right!! Just ANOTHER excuse to buy more stuff. Haha. I love it!!

9. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Every snake owner needs that war chest lol. For a rainy day or something. Joey G... how hard would it be to talk you into posting updated pics of your collection for us?

10. JoeyG

I'll try this weekend but they're a little grumpy since everyone is now been forced on to frozen (after me rat hair incident) :) As for the "war chest" just don't let the wife know how much is really in there and it's all good :-"

11. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

My biggest fear is, when I die, my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it. Haha.

12. JoeyG

LOL! Diddo! FYI I sent 2 emails with pix

13. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Got em!! Shining examples!! Thanks a lot. I'll be putting more on here in the next few days.

14. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

What rat hair incident? I must have been awol for that one

15. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

I was wondering the same thing.

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

17. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Ha!! That's hysterically terrible. Bahahaha!! Thanks Merlin!

18. atone2308

atone2308 Well-Known Member

very nice set-up:) cant wait to see snake

19. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thanks! I'm scratching at the carpet with anticipation. If I had barrels full of money, I'd fly out to Vegas and pick her up myself! Hey, whatever happened to global warming? Ohio must not have gotten the memo. I should look into sending another copy.

20. JoeyG

Well here in MD we just had snow on Monday! My old bones could use a little warmth :) I see Merlin let you guys in on my little incident, can't hide anything with wizards on the site :D